F&B Office Administrator
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Assists the Food and Beverage Department and management team to administrate clerical work and oversees regular communication and supportive efforts to ensure successful operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Uniform Requisitions and Costing. Enters regular and monthly data by department and reports on costing.
- Oversees Payroll distribution to Food and Beverage Division twice per month, directs galley, stewarding, dining and bar area managers on payroll distribution, compliance record-keeping and consolidation.
- Prepares voyage level or weekly and monthly budget reports to ensure regular and accurate expense tracking and communication.
- Distributes expense reports to all managers and consolidates back-up materials accordingly.
- Coordinates the annual Island division budget process. Collects data and supportive documents to validate team proposed targets and prepares divisional budget for review.
- Prepares Stock on hand report, time sheet audits and other voyage level, weekly and or monthly reports to ensure timely back-up of financial record keeping.
- Oversees meal count data collection and records as maintained by the galley department.
- Responsible for food cost tracking by outlet for each day, including food cost APD, for each venue including creating associated reports.
- Oversees data collection and tracking of daily bar sales and communicates actual results with target APD regularly.
- Develops bar cost and revenue reports of which communicates areas of strength and weakness including supportive data highlighting performance as a percentage of liquor, beer and wine/soft drinks, water, souvenir glasses and tobacco by venue at a voyage/weekly level.
- Completes Incentive Payout worksheets for bonus incentives (Maitre d’, etc.). Coordinates validation and approval process with shoreside and communicates to Crew Purser to ensure accurate handling and payment.
- Oversees the inventory process to ensure accurate inventory records are maintained and china/equipment records are in line with requisitions and orders.
- Prepares expense reports (reimbursement documents) for F&B team members.
- Develops specialty restaurant revenue, cost and cover reports (VY, RD and FR class) to track actual performance as a comparison to targets and budgets and communicates areas needing attention.
- Prepare the weekly report of all revenues, expenses for presentation at the F&B meetings.
- Prepares LGA Forms (Landed Goods Advice) and distributes communication in a timely and organized manner
- Prepares Sign-off Facsimile documents for shoreside Human Resources as necessary.
- Prepares onboard Sign-off sheet for food and Beverage Staff to notify the Crew Relations Specialist.
- Prepares Letters of Employment for Food and Beverage Crew.
- Communicates vacations and forwarding documentation to the Crew Relations Specialist for distribution and approvals.
- Records and distribute minutes of Food and Beverage Manager’s meeting with Division Heads and routes accordingly.
- Communicates significant Island activities to shore side, including special service requests and follows up on progress and reports accordingly.
- Maintains office filing systems and is responsible for the overall organization of the F&B management office including the circulation of incoming and outgoing mail, communication, records and data.
- Orders and maintains division office related supplie and arranges for equipment and maintenance.
- Prepares all USPH scheduling. Assists F&B Team on USPH inspections and follows up on corrective actions based on findings, in a timely manner.
- Maintains USPH inspection weekly and monthly log to identify trends and areas that require attention. Report on areas requiring attention accordingly.
- Completes voyage reports with data necessary, including F&B voyage level financials and voyage level rating information (with comparative data).
- Completes the F&B portion of the Hotel Director’s report including food cost, inventory totals, including net covers in venues, etc.
- Assists with special F&B projects as required.
- Compiles voyage level rating analysis for review and includes rating data in reports for comparative purposes. Monitors rating performance and sends communication regarding actual performance regularly.
- Prepares all Hotel verification forms and monitors sign off appraisal logs to ensure accurate information is input into the system in a timely manner. Reports on information regularly.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef, Maitre’d and Beverage Manager by supporting them in the day to day operation as necessary.
- Compiles all pending A.V.O. logs including follow up reports for review at regular and special F&B meetings. Distributes A.V.O. log reports regularly.
Attends all meetings and training activities as well as participates in mandated training courses as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have basic Accounting Knowledge.
- Must have solid computer skills, including good knowledge of Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint. Experience with ENCORE and other programs used on board are a plus.
- Must have good command of the English language with excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with standard office procedures and organizational skills are necessary.
- Must have the ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephone, copy machine, fax, adding machine, etc.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Must have completed high school or basic education equivalency.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment