Island Operations Lead
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Operations Lead is responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the designated assigned areas. Providing assistance and support to the Operations Manager as and when required. They will monitor schedules allowing for adequate cover of all duties and responsibilities. The Operations lead will work with the Operations Manager as required to facilitate all training needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined by the Company.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the overall operations of the site.
- Advises Operations Management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
- Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
- Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of area of responsibility to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
- Ensuring the uniform and grooming policy is adhered to within their area of responsibility.
- To observe their area of responsibility to ensure all attendants are performing required duties.
- Direct area attendants as necessary to accomplish routine and other tasks as needs arise.
- Informing the Management of the need for repairs, maintenance of equipment within their area of responsibility.
- Exercise full morning set up for call day preparation including all equipment.
- Inspect all areas and equipment ensuring compliance with all safety and cleanliness expectations.
- Involvement in the pre and post open and closing procedures of the Island with all teams which will include assisting teams with area set up and close.
- Monitor activities throughout area of responsibility to prevent or preempt injuries and provide assistance to guests as and when required, while ensuring the well-being of guests within the area.
- Ensure areas are tidy, answering questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations in a polite yet confident manner.
- Work outdoors which involves standing in the sun exposed to external elements throughout the day. The position is a hands on multi-functional roll that requires guiding a team as well as working with them and will require a team approach to undertake the duties of all those who report to that position, such as but not limited to ,Island General Work, House Keeping, Laundry, Tram Driver, Restroom, Waste Management and Guest Services.
- Provide training, including but not limited to, proper use of PPE, equipment, and chemicals.
- Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate all communications related to training, SOP development, etc.
- Ensure required opening and closing checklists are complete and signed for in their area of responsibility.
- Ensure all staffing schedules, rotations, and daily duties are in place and complete.
- Monitor area, equipment, and staff to ensure quality is maintained during operating hours.
- Monitor equipment inventory and ensure that all pars are maintained, in addition should monitor and promote responsible use of equipment to reduce waste and abuse of supplies.
- Communicate with the Island Management and other Team Members for routine communication and other situations as deemed necessary.
- Ensure areas are adhering to all SQM/SOP guidelines.
- Any other reasonable request by Leadership including development and training classes.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under their control.
- Attend emergency duties / drills as assigned in the Island Emergency Management Safety Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports Island Operation.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalized service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in performance management.
- Ability to lead staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment