Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Part of the Island Leadership team, the Finance Specialist will support the Finance manager in all facets of Financial Operations in Coco Cay including the implementation of strategic, tactical and operational goals. As an Financial Specialist you will understand the needs of the overall business and provide all the necessary assistance to the Finance Manager to implement, optimize and lead best in class policies, procedures, systems and practices in all aspects of the employee lifecycle i.e. Communications, Organizational Design, Recruitment & Selection, Compensation & Benefits and Employee Relations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the complete payroll function
- Analyzes salaries and wages, correction errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Analyzes all shipboard gratuity reports for accuracy and post all balanced gratuities
- Performs math functions associated with payroll and employee expenses
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Finance Manager to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance (NIB, Employment Act of the Bahamas, etc..).
- Ensures all new employees are enrolled in Salary @ Sea prior to embarkation
- Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide Financial policy guidance and interpretation
- Ensures all signing off employees are accurately paid, Salary/wages, vacation, gratuities and overtime
- Effectively Administers operational guidance and support to the HR team as necessary and the Finance Manager to implement improvements and revisions to processes in the Crew Office.
- Provide compensation and benefits support, teaming with our global compensation team as required
- Produces financial reports request by Finance Manager and other Executive Leadership Team (GM, HR Manager, Director PD HR, Manager of Finance, SR PD Manager, etc..)
- Collaborate with the various centers of excellence (compensation and benefits, Finance, talent acquisition, Learning and Development, HR, HRIS) in various HR projects.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all crew related information and any financial transactions made by the crew
- Maintains the continuous updating of clear and concise handover notes to eliminate any possible miscommunication that compromises the efficiency of set processes
- Conducts salary @ sea info-session for new hire orientation
- Is an expert on our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them and holding others accountable for the same at all times
- Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy and passion in all situations
- Accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including environmental performance, ratings, expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and employee satisfaction
- Ensure annual payroll budget targets are consistently met. Make appropriate recommendations for efficiency. Be able to analyze, interpret the financials set forth. Create recommendations based on historical data
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Degree in Accounting, Business Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 2-4 years Payroll/Bookkeeping experience ideally in an international company
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across different geographical locations and cultures
- Have strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to deliver in a matrix environment with a culture individual accountability and team performance
- Proven planning. attention to detail and project management skills
- Proven experience of leading all aspects of the employee payroll cycle
- Proven contract negotiation and budget management experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Compensation & Financial best practices
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong administrative skills and working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, AMOS and other related programs
- Good communication/social skills.
- Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work without supervision.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills required
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role
- Ensures service standards, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintained
- Supports team’s Public Health needs by assisting with the implementation of plans and programs (e.g. OPP; IPM; Water Safety Plan, including potable and recreational waters; Public Health).
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment