Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for all financial transactions and maintaining the integrity of the destination’s overall financial reporting including, but not limited to, cash, transactions, inventory balances, expense review, and recording of payroll funds disbursement. The Specialist works closely with the Leadership Team and Shoreside Finance Team. This position must fully understand the financial controls set for all positions. The Finance Specialist assists Finance Manager to conduct the Payroll Administration and manage all Team Members expense reporting. This position oversees the process of paperwork associated with logistics, tax, etc. The Team Member maintains integrity and follows compliance as established in the Company’s policies and procedures, local law, and statutory obligations required by the country.
All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the Team Member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their Supervisor or Management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the complete payroll function. Produces financial reports requested by the Finance Manager.
• Analyzes salaries and wages corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Analyzes all shipboard gratuity reports for accuracy and post all balanced gratuities.
• Performs math functions and quality checks associated with payroll and Team Member expense reimbursement.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Finance Manager to develop. solutions, programs, and policies.
• Assists Finance Manager to enroll new joiners in the salary payment program.
• Supports Finance Manager with payroll month-end reconciliation and forecasting.
• Assists Team Members with S@S card and account issues (forgot password, fraud, card replacement, etc.).
• Manages Kronos duties (import Team Members into Kronos, check daily missed punches, audit trail report).
• Works with Team Members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Ensures all signing off Team Members are accurately paid, salary, vacation, gratuities, and overtime.
• Assists to perform petty cash management to ensure sufficient cash flow to payout approved cash expense payments.
• Maintains the confidentiality of all Team Member-related information and any financial transactions.
• Acknowledges and greets Guests, Visitors, and Team Members in public spaces with a warm and friendly greeting.
• Manages work schedules to meet the needs of the operation and any additional workload requirements.
• Maintains the continuous updating of clear and concise handover notes to eliminate any possible miscommunication that compromises the efficiency of set processes.
FI NANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keeps track and reconciliation of cash collections and approved payments.
• Analyzes and manages various reconciliation invoices and reports.
• Maintains and seeks approval to proceed with payments for 3rd party Vendors, Immigration Officers, and Taxi Service.
• Maintains Work Permit payment log and ensures Work Permit charges are distributed correctly (covered by the Company or charged to Contractor/Vendor).
• A High Education Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Finance, or related discipline.
• Has working knowledge of US cash handling procedures and foreign exchange.
• Minimum two (2) years of Payroll and/or Finance experience ideally in an international Company.
• Has strong commercial and business acumen. Has planning skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
• Ability to deliver in a matrix environment with a culture of individual accountability and Team performance.
• Proven experience in leading all aspects of the payroll cycle, contract negotiation and budget management.
• Must have a thorough understanding of Compensation & Financial best practices.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong administrative skills and working knowledge in MS Office and other related programs.
• Good communication and social skills. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems, and work without supervision.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with Guests, Team Members, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests, managers, and Team Members.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All destination Team Members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.