Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Club Server will perform the functions of the restaurant sequence of service and all essential duties and responsibilities outlined below. These locations include but are not limited to CBC Restaurant, Island Cabanas, Complimentary Venues and all F&B Venues.
While performing their role in the F&B venues, He/She will be engaged in providing courteous and professional service to guests. The duties described below are performed either personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learns and uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation. Becomes knowledgeable of menu descriptions and wine lists to discuss items appropriately and to enhance the guests' dining experience.
- Obtains linen, silverware, glassware, and china to set tables.
- Arranges settings on tables per PDI Standards.
- Greets and escorts guests, where applicable to their assigned seats, or available seating.
- Suggests courses, appropriate beverages and answers questions regarding menu and beverage selections per PDI Standards.
- Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals to reduce inventory stock.
- Relays order to galley as required and serves courses from galley and beverages.
- Provides quality control of all food and beverage presentations, garnishes and decorates items as required before serving.
- Enters food and beverage orders in the point-of-sale system.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and integrity of the assigned station including (but not limited to) table setup and furniture.
- Observes guests to anticipate their needs, responds to any additional requests, and determines when the food and beverage service has been completed.
- Participates in a rotational station schedule working in CBC Restaurant.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island employee occupying this position. Island employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Actively follow ServSafe's responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service excellence and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements.
- Follows all Island Standards with regards to service including greeting and escorting guests, using guests’ names, and observing guests anticipate needs.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Always provides guests with alternatives and avoids using the word “No”
- Demonstrates pride, passion, and commitment to our Island hospitality philosophy
- Smiles when on duty; is always pleasant and upbeat
- Achieves business results through the delivery of an exceptional customer service experience, never via the solicitation of ratings
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Two to three years previous waiter experience, preferably in a 4- or 5-star restaurant
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Standards, when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to perform basic math functions about meal count procedures.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.
- Successfully passes ServeSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment