The Bartender is responsible to support the Beverage Division in all operational aspects of beverage products and services on the Destination. This position actively engages with guests while suggesting, preparing, and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in the bar, bar lounge, by the beach, or pool. This role maintains a positive working environment and focuses on exceeding Guest satisfaction daily.
All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the Destination Team Member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their Supervisor or Management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to an assigned workstation on time and completes the set-up of the bar, venue, and surrounding area. Follows opening and closing procedures at the workstation.
• Arranges bar display as instructed to create an attractive merchandising display. Maintains an awareness of inventory stock and location to enhance work performance and efficiency.
• Greets and engages with all Shipboard Crew, answers the questions, and provides information about Destination and bar products and services.
• Provides mixology and service for the bar servers as they would to the Guests.
• Actively promotes and sells the specials, signature beverages, and other products and services on the Destination.
• Uses tray services technique while serving Guests in a bar lounge or by the beach/pool.
• Provides beverage service as per purchased package. Follows Company’s protocols to track the service provided.
• Maintains knowledge of food allergies and canrecommend alternatives when needed.
• Ensures that workstation, bar/beach/pool tables are clean. Removes empty glasses and cans. Follows ‘Save the Waves’ recycling empty cans, bottles, and glasses.
• Works independently and without immediate supervision. Promotes Teamwork and provides on-the-job training to the Bar Attendantsto strengthen their current performance.
• Maintains an awareness of drink trends and assists Guests in their drink selections. Suggests alternative drinks if the drink of choice is not available in the current inventory or menu.
• Assists in restocking the barsand provision areas.
• Participates in training and meetings. Adheres to a company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the Destination’s grooming standards. Ensures personal appearance, hygiene, and uniform appearance are always in accordance with Company policy. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for Guests and the Team.
• Acknowledges and greets Guests, Visitors, and Team Members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
FI NANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurately computes bill and presents it for payment. Collects charge cards for drinks served and inputs accurate data in the point-of-sale system. Calculates tips, discounts, percentages, and refunds as needed.
• Maintains accurate par levels and rotates stock according to management standards. Reports challenges to the Lead.
• Maintains the inventory of liquor, mixers, and other items utilized in the bar. Orders liquors and supplies.
• A High School Diploma or higher.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in bar operations preferably in an upscale hotel or cruise ship.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, tips, proportions, percentages.
• Knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors, wine, and beers. Ability to mix drinks as per mixology standards.
• Knowledge of Beverage Handling Procedures, Public Health, Guest Service, and Problem Resolution.
• Ability to navigate within the point-of-sale systems. Ability to resolve problems and to work without supervision.
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse international environment.
• Ability to maintain focus, work with strict deadlines, multitask and be flexible and adaptable.
• Successfully passes ServSafe training within the first 30 days of contract. Actively follows ServSafe requirements.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with Guests, Team Members, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests, Managers, and Team Members.
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is an advantage.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All Destination Team Members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.
• While performing the duties, the Team Member is required to work outdoors in extremely humid and hot conditions for an extended time, walking in sand and uneven surfaces.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment