Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Assigned to, and responsible for working primarily in designated bar venues around CocoCay to support the beverage operation and the shipboard beverage team attending and working the island.
Bar servers suggests, serves and sells beverages to guests in the various venues or on the beach throughout the private destination by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to assigned workstation assignment on time, properly groomed and dressed accordingly to Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way. This includes a clean uniform, nametag and any other uniform related item.
- Assists with the set up of the bar, venue and surrounding area for the bar location and beach according to the Royal Way.
- Greets and engages with all shipboard team members to answer questions and provide additional information about the working stations and island lay out for the service provided to the guests.
- Actively promotes and sells the island specials and beverages at all points on the island.
- Provide service to guests through tray service in a bar setting, lounge service or on the beach.
- Provide beverage service to package guests according to company standards and uses the correct protocols to track the service provided.
- Suggests alternative drinks if the drink request is not available in current inventory or menu.
- Accurately computes bill and presents for payment. Collects charge card for drinks served and inputs accurate date in the point-of-sale system. Calculates tips, discounts, percentages and refunds as needed.
- Is aware of food allergies and is able to recommend alternatives when needed.
- Ensures that stations, beaches and/or tables are clean, orderly and properly set. Removes empty and dirty glasses and bottles and clears it to the appropriate areas.
- Works independently and without immediate supervision. Promotes teamwork and provides on-the-job training to the Bar Attendant to strengthen their current performance and assist the shipboard bar team for all island related procedures.
- Will work in outside weather conditions and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- At the beginning and ending of each shift, completes side duties that include preparing the areas for service and ensuring proper closing procedures.
- Assist in the restocking of the bar locations and provision areas.
- Successfully passes ServSafe training within first 30 days of contract.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- High school education or vocational; a minimum of two (2) years beverage-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, tips, proportions, percentages.
- Working knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors and beers.
- Knowledge of varying brands and quality of wines.
- Working knowledge of public health standards.
- Ability to up-sell and promote drinks and specials
- Actively follows ServSafe responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Successfully passes ServSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment