At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Provide aquatic rescue and recreation assistance on Castaway Cay
- Responsible for life guarding of family lagoon on Castaway Cay at multiple stations (300 feet between stands), water slides and play structures surrounded by water
- Oversee boat beach lagoon to ensure safe usage of rental boats; assist boaters in distress as needed
- Assist with upkeep and cleanliness of rental equipment (bikes, snorkel equipment, boats) and island Recreational areas and supplies or equipment (beaches, snorkel lagoon) on non-call days
- Rental of recreational equipment including bikes, float mats, tubes, snorkel equipment, and boats
- Provide instruction to Guests in the operation of rental boats and the use of snorkel equipment
- Part of ship tie-up Crew
- Responsible for beach set-up and breakdown including general beach clean up, organization, set up and collection of all rental equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of island beach facilities, placement and cleaning of beach chairs, clean beach with sand sifter, clear seaweed, rake beaches, pick trash, maintain umbrellas on beaches, etc.
- Assist with general maintenance, cleanliness, sanitation, and operational readiness of rental equipment including bikes, boats, karts , strollers, and snorkel equipment; Report defects for repair
- Perform underwater cleaning and maintenance of all lagoon and pier facilities including perimeter net, family beach lagoon, buoy lines, and underwater props
- Assist with overall island cleanliness and preparation prior to ship arrival
- Participate in ongoing lifeguard in-service trainings; Occurs Weekly
- Potentially work with heavy equipment such as tractors, forklifts, etc.
- Six months of recent swim team, water sports and/or lifeguarding experience
- Ability to pass a pre-hire swim test and successfully complete lifeguard certification training (conducted upon arrival in Orlando, Florida) as well as Aquatic Rescue Professional certification (conducted upon arrival on island), including swimming 100 yards in 1 minute and 50 seconds or less; certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
- High level of fitness including strong swimming abilities
- Good computer skills and operational knowledge
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Previous experience with boats, snorkel equipment, or other recreational equipment
- Open water diver and diving rescue certification
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas, if applicable (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Have authorization to work in the Bahamas
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.