This position is contractual .
The Resource Mobilization Manager will report to the Director General and have overall responsibility for sourcing funds for the National Society and being accountable to the donors as per the Society’s Strategic Objectives. The RM Manager will also be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of a public and private sector fundraising strategy to mobilize resources and support accountability of transparent contribution management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction in developing the BRC’s overall Resource Mobilization Strategy and implementation frameworks focused on bilateral, National Committee, and private sector donors (including private individuals and corporations).
- Provide guidance and direction for planning, implementation, research and analysis of fundraising, and realize the shift from project to proramme-level fundraising for all donors (governments, global partners as well as individuals and corporations).
- Develop funding proposals, coordinate and supervise corporate engagement activities
- Ensure timeliness and quality of donor reports, plan and carry out donor visits when necessary
- Promote dialogue and information exchanges, particularly in light of policy decisions that affect BRC partnerships with all donors (governments as well as private sector) at a local and global level.
- Coordinate accountability and stewardship to partners for response
- Establish workplans and budgets, and monitors compliance of the Resource Mobilization Section within BRC financial rules and policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or bachelor’s degree in economic or social sciences or equivalent qualification
- Relevant post-graduate degree or MBA
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven skills in information, communication, networking, advocacy and ability to relate to mass media
- Solid track record in partnerships and fundraising
- 2+ years project monitoring experience
- Working with International funding agencies ( e.g EU or Governments)
- At least 2 years’ experience in the elaboration of proposals including Multi – stakeholder engagement
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to build and strengthen internal and external networks, and establish effective partnerships, with National Societies
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including engaging and informative formal public speaking
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to set high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise
- Seeks and proposes opportunities for advancing the BRC’s mission
Competencies & Values
VALUES: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Pro-activity; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
- FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES: Building Alliances; Empowering Others
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY JANUARY 17th , 2022