Provide a wide range of accounting support to the Finance Manager in order to maintain efficiency within the business. Process and reconcile accounting documents. Review and prepare financial spreadsheets. Maintain and reconcile records and payments to ensure accuracy.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements for subsidiary companies
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and associated depreciation schedules
- Post to Quick Books and provide monthly detail to the Financial Manager for general journal entries
- Ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Maintain and supervise Purchase Order Processing system for company outlets.
- Perform bank and other reconciliations
- Maintain files within the department
- Prepare correspondence d within the department
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Any other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in clerical accounting/finance or in a similar role
- Associate degree in business or accounting an advantage
- Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Proficient in use of Quick-books
- Ability to compile professional and thorough accounting reports
- Ability to analyze information
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data
- Highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong organizational skills