Guest Service Water Park
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Welcome guests to the water park and sell entry tickets for the park. Be available to answer questions regarding all products and activities. Provide directions to various locations on the Island and customer information. Control the turnstile and ensure smooth and safe entry for all guests that are permitted on their half or full day passes. This is a customer facing role that requires a friendly, courteous manner and clear communication.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests to the waterpark and provide all information services of the Park and Island.
- Customer Service/Communication Skills: Guest service representatives talk, listen and help resolved conflicts with customers. An expert communicator will be able to listen effectively to find the root cause of issues and communicate clearly and in a friendly way to solve the issue and keep the customer happy.
- Patience: Guest service representatives might have to deal with confused or irate customers. Having patience will help you stay polite, even in stressful situations.
- Problem-Solving Skills: You will have to solve customer issues, sometimes without seeing the actual problem first hand. Being able to problem solve with a customer will help your job.
- Safety: Ensuring paramount safety of all guests using the waterpark slides, products and activities. Water parks are crowded places with many distractions, elevations in surfaces, landscaping, tree roots, rocks, man-made structures, patron possessions left lying around the park or in pathways, etc. Responsibilities include politely and firmly enforcing the rules of the park. Such as for guests
- No Running (it poses a collision, trip, slip and fall hazard).
- Slippery Surfaces. Surfaces may be slippery or wet—especially in bathrooms, on and around any water attractions, and in cafes or food areas.
- Dress for Safety. No Monkeying Around. No climbing on or hanging from, any structures, trees, lamp posts, wiring, door frames, rain gutters, etc.
- Hands Free. Phones, cameras and other devices pose a serious safety hazard on rides. The Dispatcher will be responsible to ensure all rules are adhered to and restrictions for height, weight before guests use the ride or activity ect.
- Report and follow up with any accidents, injuries or incidents around the aquatic recreational and/or beach activities
- Ensure the pool and beach areas are tidy, answer questions, enforce policies, rules and regulations in a polite yet confident manner.
- Monitor and operate designated aquatic recreational spaces including, but not limited to; opening and closing procedures, monitoring pool locations, water attractions and general activities around the pool and beach areas and waterpark
- Any other reasonable request by Leadership including development and training classes.
- Attend emergency duties / drills as assigned in the ships Emergency Management Safety Plan.
- Perform other related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalized service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment