Job Title: Event Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Catering & Events
Rosewood Baha Mar’s Event Services Manager will work together with the Director of Catering and Events to manage all aspects and functions of the Conference Services Department in accordance with Hotel standards. This individual will coordinate arrangements and details for clients' functions as well as directs, implements and maintains a management philosophy which serves as a guide to Conference Services staff.
The Baha Mar culture begins with PASSION.
We have a passion for “BETTER THAN BEST” that leaves a lasting impression on our guests, and creates a timeless resort experience that is glamorous, fun and sexy. Here is how you can “own the wow!”
- Care deeply
- Have a generous spirit
- Thrive as part of a team
- Pay exacting attention to details
- Create emotional connections with our guests
- Be strongly committed to Baha Mar’s success
What you will also have already accomplished:
- High school and College diploma
- Minimum two years’ experience as an Assistant Conference Services Manager, preferably for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel/resort
Description of Responsibilities
Rosewood Baha Mar’s Event Services Manager will work together with the Director of Catering and Events to manage all aspects and functions of the Conference Services Department in accordance with Hotel standards. This individual will coordinate arrangements and details for clients' functions as well as directs, implements and maintains a management philosophy which serves as a guide to Conference Services staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest and employee relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people and specified requirements.
- Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms.
- All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All Departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- All safety guidelines.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Requisition linens/skirting required for business and assign staff to transport such to the storage areas.
- Review sales and labor costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting.; track actuals against budget.
- Retrieve and organize Banquet Event Orders (B.E.O.'s) according to departmental standards; make note of changes as received from Catering and post function sheets for the next 7 days.
- Review all group resumes and group meeting requirements and organize into chronological order.
- Document daily set-up requirements according to departmental procedures and attach respective diagrams; prepare diagrams as needed.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts; adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Prepare daily work assignments in staff and make relevant copies for accordance with Hotel standards.
- Inspect the preset scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness, working condition and proper furniture/equipment set up; rectify any deficiencies with respective departments.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled.Document any late or absent employees.
- Assign work in accordance with departmental procedures.Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Conduct pre-function meeting and review all information pertinent to set-up and service of group.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign designated keys and beepers to staff.Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Check Houseman's carts for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.Instruct designated personnel to correct deficiencies.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Inspect set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Monitor and ensure that functions are set up, refreshed and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
- Assist staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards for guests.
- Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to function, make introduction and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable.
- Coordinate group's requests for additions/changes to scheduled arrangements.
- Direct the final breakdown of function room and clean up; ensure all department standards are met.
- Establish a preventative maintenance program for equipment; ensure that staff handle equipment safely and according to procedures.
- Inspect all function space for cleanliness and condition, using specified checklists; ensure that each area meets designated standards.
- Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Monitor storage and delivery of group packages, ensuring that all procedures are met.
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance.Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Hotel standards.
- Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Document pertinent information in department log book.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain a personal organization system for files and paperwork within departmental guidelines.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple accounts and priorities, to ensure the successful completion of all job duties and client responsibilities.
- Contact client and maintain effective communication throughout planning and while on site to insure successful completion of convention.
- All other duties as required.