Job Title: Events Coordinator- Grand Hyatt
Reports to: Events Manager
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s Events Coordinator will work together with the Events Manager to coordinate all event activities for the Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar.
The Baha Mar culture begins with PASSION.
We have a passion for “BETTER THAN BEST” that leaves a lasting impression on our guests, and creates a timeless resort experience that is glamorous, fun and exceptional. Here is how you can “own the wow!”
- Care deeply
- Have a generous spirit
- Thrive as part of a team
- Pay exacting attention to details
- Create emotional connections with our guests
- Be strongly committed to Baha Mar’s success
What you will also have already accomplished
- College Degree in Marketing; Hospitality/Tourism or related field preferred
- 1 year + Events experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications
Description of Responsibilities
We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for providing an excellent and consistent level of service to our internal and external customers. In this position, the individual will be expected to act as a specialist in the area of events covering areas such as relationship building,account management and event management.
- Provide dynamic event services to ensure guests are “wowed” by Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s hospitality
- Coordinate and supervise all events
- Plan and execute approved events and promotions with emphasis on quality and budgetary guideline
- Coordinate operational aspects of events along with decorations and promotional themes
- Ensure Grand Hyatt objectives have been met for all events
- Assist in maintaining files and accurate records of all events
- Ensure seamless flow of information between teams
- Stay current on Events industry trends
- Should have completed an apprenticeship or obtained a diploma in Hospitality or Events Management
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in hotel/events operations.
- Good understanding of banquet/events knowledge
- Must be organized
- Perform other duties as assigned