Job Title: Front Office Training Manager
Reports to: Director of Rooms
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s Front Office Training Manager will work together with the Director of Rooms in adhering to Baha Mar and Grand Hyatt’s standards, policies and procedures. They will participate in daily meetings, comply with the hotel’s health standards and perform related and special duties whilst training staff members.
The Baha Mar culture begins with PASSION.
We have a passion for “BETTER THAN BEST” that leaves a lasting impression on our guests, and creates a timeless resort experience that is glamorous, fun and exceptional. Here is how you can “own the wow!”
- Care deeply
- Have a generous spirit
- Thrive as part of a team
- Pay exacting attention to details
- Create emotional connections with our guests
- Be strongly committed to Baha Mar’s success
What you will also have already accomplished:
- Six years or more of progressive hotel Rooms management experience (typically with Hyatt)
- Demonstrates a very high level of knowledge on all systems, computer programs and procedures
- Communicates effectively with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds
- Service oriented style with professional presentation skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: highly analytical, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, precise attention to detail, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Working knowledge of all office related equipment, such as printers, scanners and technology associated with the Rooms Division Operation
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- Must have excellent written, organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- College Degree in Hospitality/Tourism or related field preferred
- 3 years + of management experience in Front Desk or Resort Operations
Description of Responsibilities
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s Front Office Training Manager will work together with the Director of Rooms in adhering to Baha Mar and Grand Hyatt’s standards, policies and procedures. They will participate in daily meetings, comply with the hotel’s health standards and perform related and special duties whilst training staff members. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up robust training guidelines for all associated positions in the Front Office Department.
- Develops and trains all staff members according to the Grand Hyatt Standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops and trains all staff members according to the Grand Hyatt Systems, namely Micros Opera, RESERVE, Colleague Advantage System, Safelok, & Tidel.
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures.
- Maintain communication with the Assistant Director of Rooms on Associate Training Progress, providing detailed assessments on all newly hired associates.
- Create expectations, lead people, manage process, and hold associates accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables.
- Ensure associates is trained on and complies with all Hyatt’s Annual Compliance Trainings.
- Where possible, Assists in Guest Recovery or follow up of any Front Office Related Guest Issues.
- Where possible, represent Front Office Management Team in Daily Briefing Meetings and Client Conference Meetings.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations established in the Staffs Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the Place of Work and all other departments.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel training's scheduled and other related activities.
- To fully support the Departmental Trainers function in the Department assigned.
- To assist in the undertaking of any reasonable tasks and secondary duties of assigned Department Heads.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- To have a complete understanding of the Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies and Procedures.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To attend all meetings as required by Rooms Managers.