Job Title: Kitchen Apprentice
Reports to: Sous Chef
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar is seeking exceptional talent for a world class experience.
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s Kitchen Apprentice will work together with the Sous Chef in assisting with the preparation, cooking and presenting all food items, based on standardized recipes, and ensuring guests’ expectations for their hotel dining experiences are exceeded.
The Baha Mar culture begins with PASSION.
We have a passion for “BETTER THAN BEST” that leaves a lasting impression on our guests, and creates a timeless resort experience that is glamorous, fun and exceptional. Here is how you can “own the wow!”
- Care deeply
- Have a generous spirit
- Thrive as part of a team
- Pay exacting attention to details
- Create emotional connections with our guests
- Be strongly committed to Baha Mar’s success
What you will also have already accomplished:
- Hospitality/Catering Diploma
- Hospitality/Tourism kitchen experience preferred
Description of Responsibilities
Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s Kitchen Apprentice will be responsible for assisting with the preparation, cooking and presenting all food items, based on standardized recipes, and ensuring guests’ expectations for their hotel dining experiences are exceeded. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe and hygienic working environment to include proper storage of food, cleaning equipment, utensils and implements etc.
- Assist Cooks and Chefs in the preparation and cooking of extraordinary dishes in adherence with standardized recipes
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes
- Exemplify high standards of food hygiene and follow established health and safety regulations
- Assist with deliveries and stock rotation and know product availability, preparation, nutritional and storage aspects
- Proactively support all hotel restaurant tactics always adhering to company policies
- Document waste and spoilage and minimize by rotating foods in freezers
- Immediately report any security, maintenance, housekeeping issues to management
- Suggest new techniques of service for maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs
- Total compliance with Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar’s standards of operation
- Stay current on hospitality best practices and industry trends
- Perform other duties as assigned