Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Restaurant Attendant will perform the food service functions of dining and the working area is not limited to specific dining venues on the Island. These locations include but are not limited to Crew Commissary, CBC Restaurant, Island Cabanas, Complimentary Venues up to and including all F&B Venues.
While performing routine and expected responsibilities, all restaurant attendants are engaged in providing courteous and professional service to guests. The duties described below are performed either personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s, The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and workplace safety policies and procedures. Each Island employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout CocoCay Perfect Day.
- Serves has support staff to the operation.
- Responsible for working to ensure venues are set for operational success.
- Works closely with BOH to ensure quality of buffets are maintained.
- Presents both food and beverage to guests.
- Can answer questions regarding food and beverage items and communicates information.
- Transports dirty items to kitchen to be cleaned.
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of their working area in accordance with all USPH and company standards.
- Restocking of supplies, napkins, plates, cutlery and condiments
- Participates in a rotational service schedule, working in a complimentary dining venue and various other food and beverage service venues.
- Observes all established security and crew privacy procedures when delivering to crew rooms if needed.
- Observes guests to anticipate their needs and responds to any additional requests.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as
- Performs related duties as required.
- Actively follows ServSafe’s responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service excellence and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements.
- Follows all Island Standards with regards to service including greeting and escorting guests, using guests’ names, and observing guests anticipate needs. Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Takes ownership for guest issues/concerns and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Always provides guests with alternatives and avoids using the word “No”.
- Demonstrates pride, passion, and commitment to our PD hospitality philosophy.
- Smiles when on duty; is always pleasant and upbeat.
- Achieves business results through the delivery of an exceptional customer service experience, never via the solicitation of ratings.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island employee occupying this position. Island employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is preferred.
- Successfully passes ServeSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
- Banquet experience, Food and beverage background preferred, basic buffet knowledge.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s standards, when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment