Job Title: Assistant Beverage Controller
About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Provide controllership and financial leadership for Atlantis Beverage Division, ensuring that all internal controls, point of sale, accounting and financial systems are adequate and operating as designed to effect optimal effectiveness and efficiency. The Assistant Controller of Beverage Cost will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring and controlling the requisitioning, storage, movement and ultimate consumption of alcoholic beverages at the Resort. This will include periodic review and improvement of all procedures related to beverages. The Assistant Controller of Beverage will work closely with the Food and Beverage operations management team and will keep them and the Finance management team informed of all irregularities in procedures and provides an early warning of any exposure or risk of loss in the beverage cost or revenues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate and assist with the operational accounting/finance related activities for F&B as a partner with the operational staff in the various F&B business units.
• Introduce innovative ideas and procedures with a view to improve efficiency thereby reducing costs and or increasing revenue as regards to Beverage and in some cases Food.
• Monitor and report on the daily beverage requisitioning and deliveries from the DC to all of the beverage outlets and Food Outlets as necessary.
• Perform reviews of the food and beverage revenues by outlets (inclusive of banqueting) for accuracy including statistics.
• Assist the F&B operations with the establishment of accurate Pars in the Various Outlets, with subsequent periodic audits of same, to ensure compliance and reasonableness.
• Direct/assist the F&B division/operations in designing, understanding and implementing procedures and give guidance to the accounting department in formulating and implementing control procedures associated with same. This extends not only to revenue and cost issues, but also to payroll and related.
• Perform regular tests/audits of the POS system, to ensure accuracy with regards to menu items, pricing and or functionality.
• Audit Banquet bars (opening and closing inventories and consumption reports) to ensure accuracy of Charges and Costs.
• Assist in the year-end audit process and respond to auditor requests for the assigned operations as prescribed.
• Assist with and or perform investigations as to unexplainable loss and disappearance of product, revenues or company assets whilst maintaining the utmost confidentiality.
• Participate in the annual budgeting and forecasting process as prescribed.
• Assist in the development and mentoring of staff within the finance department and assist operations with training where appropriate.
• Participate in creating departmental goals and objectives.
• Provide management with any special reports or analyses required.
• Represent the department at various meetings.
• Participate in identifying and interviewing candidates, when necessary, to fill any vacant Accounting and/or Finance positions.
• Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established policies.
• Minimum of 4-year college education in Finance, Accounting or related area preferable or equivalent vocational training or equivalent in experience.
• Minimum of 5 years Finance supervisory experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven knowledge of financial and operational management
• Computer proficient with basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications