Job Title: Lead Internal Auditor
About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Responsible for evaluation internal controls and related systems for the hotel and casino. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, executing and reporting on the audit performance to the Manager Internal Audit. Also responsible for the supervision of the audit staff and assist in preparing routine and annual performance evaluations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Works at the direction of the Manager in conducting tests of internal control and information systems. (Casino & Hotel)
• Plans and oversees fieldwork including writing the audit programs and related memos, coordinating the review with operating personnel and writing the audit report.
• Conducts investigative work to support findings and conclusions which are submitted to the Director or Manager for help in preparing reports.
• Displays an ability to communicate well, delegate work and supervise staff effectively.
• Begins to look beyond the detail work and evaluates the purpose of the audit and adjusts procedures accordingly.
• Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with Financial Reporting procedures and any other plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
• Determines proper accountability of company’s assets through physical count, inventory, and confirmation as appropriate.
• Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits recommending improvements in policies and procedures.
• Provides input for staff evaluations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 2 years as a Senior in Public Accounting; or certification-CPA, CIA or ACCA
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Internal auditing or Public Accounting (hotel and/or casino preferred)