Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Freeport, Grand Bahama, The Bahamas
This is a temporary position expected to last 4-6 months, with a start date as soon as available.
Manages a team that coordinates programs for a non-profit organization. They will be responsible for overseeing all programming, especially the economic recovery programme. They will work with the WASH specialist on the water programme. They are also responsible together with senior staff for relationships with partners, government and other stakeholders, particularly the business community. They will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the delivery of all other programmes, including daily management of program activities and program staff, and ensuring appropriate systems and support mechanisms are in place to track, analyze and report on results.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Program Implementation & Management; Program Development; Team Management; Security; Organizational Learning; Supervisory Responsibility of Program Officers
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in economics, business management, emergency management or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of program management experience, which includes development or recovery plus experience in business development/advisory, management consulting, finance, and/or economic recovery.
- Experience working with Medium and Small Enterprises desirable.
- Experience of undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation within programming.
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other software capabilities required.
- Experience with the development, implementation & compliance of (donors) & (corporate/private) funded programs.
- Knowledgeable of relevant technical sectors (emergency relief, economic recovery and development, water, disaster risk reduction and resilience, etc.).
- Experience working with host governments, national and international NGOs.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response preferred.
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles, and various backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, lead a program to achieve stated results and objectives.