Job Title: Comptroller
About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Responsible for business partnership within the Fixed Assets Business Cycle and Capital Expenditures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for accounting duties which are in accordance to GAAP as well as SOX procedures surrounding the Fixed Assets Business Cycle. Must be able to prepare financial reports associated with the Capital Expenditures and Fixed Assets, prepare journal entries, as well as balance sheet reconciliations. Must be able to multi-task and be able to process in a high-volume environment. Strong written/verbal communication skills required. Strong Excel, Word and 10-key skills.
• Must be able to communicate to Department Heads to review Capital Expenditure reports regularly as well as on a monthly basis and create a strong business relationship.
• Business partnership which consist of maintaining the Capital Expenditure actual expenditures, depreciation and budget for the department as well as properly capitalizing all expenditures into the Fixed Assets system for both the US and Bahamian departments. Working with Department Head to streamline the capital expenditure process as well as assisting in the budget process.
• Assists in weekly reviewing, executing and reporting on the status on Capital expenditures.
• Responsible for creating and auditing CER forms in accordance with company policies.
• Monthly review of Capital expenditures status and balance sheet reconciliations with Vice President of Finance
• Approval and posting of designated journal entry batches
• Preparation of working capital on monthly basis
• Preparation of month end reconciliations and other reports as required by SOX procedures
• Forecasts depreciation monthly
• Oversees the day to day operation of Ocean Club Estates and Ocean Club Marina including the preparation of monthly billings and high level reconciliations
• Other projects as required including but not limited to:
Assist in day to day business enhancements to better the department
Participates in improvements or internal controls, procedures and process improvements
• The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or higher degree in business strongly recommended.
• A minimum of 5 years prior experience in hotel industry accounting or as an Assistant Controller.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Experience with JD Edwards, Stratton Warren and R-FILE an asset.
• Prior supervisory experience a plus