The Venue Manager is responsible to deliver industry-leading hospitality standards in all F&B venues. This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on exceeding Guest Satisfaction. This position ensures that all food and beverage deliverables and other venue services are operating as per Company operating standards.
The Venue Manager supports the F&B Director and CBC Director in all operational aspects of F&B areas to ensure the destination performance objectives, KPI’s, Guest and Team Member Satisfaction, and other key results areas consistently meet and exceed Company targets. This position leads by example and requires exemplary organization, attention to detail, excellent Guest and Team Member engagement, training, and knowledge of the product and service standards. All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the destination Team Member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their Supervisor or Management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Takes responsibility for the assigned F&B venue: entrance and exit areas, facilities, amenities, furniture, landscaping, Guest flow, product knowledge, etc. Ensures operational readiness, appearance, and maintenance of the venue.
• Maintains visual standard guidelines for the venue, facilities, furniture, signage, and equipment. Identifies areas for improvement and reports to direct report. Orders and inventories spare furniture, amenities, supplies, and equipment with F&B and CBC Directors.
• Actively leads F&B Team as the role model of the Royal Way. Ensures visibility to Team Members and Guests.
• Monitors the Guest flow and mitigates the risk of queues, food replenishment, availability of amenities, and seating. • Ensures Team Members are actively assisting and cleaning up after Guests throughout the day.
• Owns the performance and delivery of the food and beverage experience at the venue.
• Leads the Team at the venue, including Beverage and Cabana Teams. Supports the Culinary Team and other departments as required. Provides consistent motivation and coaching to all Team Members assigned to the venue.
• Liaises with Leaders from stakeholder departments to address negative performance and behavior, if observed.
• Ensures the Team is trained, safety-focused, goal orientated, professional, and prepared for their roles.
• Assigns, schedules, coaches, counsels, and disciplines Team Members by communicating job expectations and enforcing policies, and procedures. Mentors, develops, and provides both classroom-style and on-the-job training to Team Members to strengthen their current performance and preparation for succession planning.
• Leads and enforces Company policies and standards consistently.
• Initiates meetings to address and resolve quality concerns and to drive results.
• Motivates, coaches, trains, evaluates, and tracks development on an individual and Team level.
• Systematically meets with the Team to enhance communication. Documents meeting outcomes and implements action plans to address concerns.
• Observes and evaluates Team Members through open and honest feedback to ensure high-quality standards are met. Recognizes the Team and celebrates achievements. Helps to develop Team Members with career progression.
• Drives compliance with Public Health standards by completing systematic inspections, reports, corrective action, training, and reinforcing standards. Ensures safe operation including alcohol service.
• Support the F&B Director and CBC Director with projects when required.
• Periodically rotates through venues and may be asked to support all facets of the operation including Cabana Service.
• Participates in trainings and meetings. Adheres to a Company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the destinations grooming standards and ensures the Team follows the standards.
• Acknowledges and greets Guests, Visitors, and Team Members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Manages work schedules to meet the needs of the operation. Develops, implements, and monitors rotation sheets for the operation. Keeps record of hours worked and approves overtime.
• Maintains the continuous updating of clear and concise handover notes to eliminate any possible miscommunication that compromises the efficiency of set processes. Coco Beach Club
• Manages VIP requests and special events. Plans and communicates with the involved divisions and Shipboard Crew.
• Continuously monitors the efficiency of the reservations, service sequence, product knowledge, Guest Service, menu compliance, and service speed. Adjusts the operation as required to meet the desired results.
• Ensures all decking and flooring are clean, and pressure washed at least four times a week. The decking and flooring must be free of debris and marks.
• Venue and deck furniture must be pristine and set up according to the CBC layout. All décor, furniture, cushions, menus, mini bar items, etc. must be 100% complete and set up before Guests arrive. Any damaged or broken facilities, equipment, or furniture must be addressed and/or replaced before Guests arrive.
• Ensures landscaping reflects a high-end resort appearance. Works daily with the Landscaping Team to ensure all plants and vegetation are healthy, clean, and well presented for the Guest view. Communicates and follows up with the Landscaping Team when a replacement of plants is required.
• All facilities must be in working condition, regularly cleaned and disinfected, and fully stocked with supplies.
• Ensures all signs are in good condition, legible, not faded, and clean. Extra signs must always be maintained for replacement when required.
• All computer systems, applications, music, and lighting must be in 100% working condition. Troubleshoots any issues before Guest arrival. Reports and follows up on any technical deficiencies on a systematic basis.
• Ensures back-of-house, galleys, and storage facilities are always clean, neat, and organized. Identifies areas for improvement and provides immediate action on non-compliant items. Training
• Responsible for motivating, coaching, training, evaluating, and tracking development on an individual and Team level.
• Takes an active role in attending all meetings to speak and educate on these standards as a content expert.
• Mentors, develops and provides both classroom-style and on-the-job training to Team Members to strengthen their current performance and preparation for succession planning
• Initiates meetings to address and resolve quality concerns. Takes responsibility to encompass all operational training for all F&B Individuals as instructed by the F&B Director and is a hands-on role.
• Conducts training related to Public Health, ServSafe, and Guest Service providing support and leadership where needed to establish and maintain consistent service and superior Guest and Team Member Satisfaction.
• Monitors F&B-related trainings completion on RCL University with help of the Training Manager.
• Monitors expense management as directed by the F&B Director and CBC Director. • Manages labor costs by monitoring working hours and overtime to maintain efficiency without exceeding budgetary constraints, including coordinating work rotations and vacation schedules.
• A High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management is an advantage.
• Minimum three (3) years of progressive food and beverage supervisory experience preferably in an upscale hotel restaurant or cruise ship, or high-volume food service facility (shipboard experience preferred).
• Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures and public health standards.
• Ability to navigate within the Internet, MS Office, E1, Medallia, Amos, and Crunchtime.
• Previous exposure to international environments is strongly preferred.
• Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, and resolve problems. Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage an international Team in a positive and productive manner by motivating and developing the Team.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with Guests, Team Members, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests, Managers, and Team Members.
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Portuguese is an advantage.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All destination Team Members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills. Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.
• While performing the duties, the Team Member is required to work outdoors in extremely humid and hot conditions for an extended time, walking in sand and uneven surfaces.