The General Manager leads the broad scale development and supports the execution of the business plan, human capital strategy and P&L operations of the company. The GM is responsible for maximizing revenues and operating cash flows and building long term shareholder value, while accelerating growth through customer and employee engagement, market penetration, share gain, driving operating innovation, implementing and optimizing Business Development strategies and executing any M&A integration plans. He/she must be adept at establishing a compelling vision and building engagement and alignment through exceptional people leadership, including outstanding talent development, and effective communication and collaboration. As the key driver and owner of both long and short-term company performance, the GM will leverage in depth knowledge of the marketplace, customer and industry to identify emerging gaps or opportunities to grow the business while ensuring operational efficiency, comprehensive financial planning and proactive expansion of new and existing products and services.
STRATEGIC PLANNING, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Develops and leads multi-year business and profitable growth strategies for the company to deliver increased market share by setting financial performance goals
- Builds and leverages a strong understanding of industry, market, technology and competitive trends; identifies business development opportunities and collaborates with other organizational resources to proactively look to drive and lead growth
- Identifies and recommends innovative strategies for ADT to continue growing revenue and drive operational efficiencies to improve overall market share.
- Defines organizational capabilities and leads human capital strategy including developing and executing union and positive employee relations strategy, field compensation strategy, and program development in partnership with HR and other leaders, in order to enable execution of business plan.
- Collaborates effectively with cross-enterprise stakeholders, including marketing and customer experience and product management to deliver the best solutions, products and services to our customers to increase acquisition, decrease attrition, reduce Subscriber Acquisition Cost (SAC), Cost to Serve (CTS) and deliver flawless service
- Leads the company by providing clarity of vision, strategy and expectations; role modeling effective coaching and performance feedback, prioritizing goals and objectives and driving meaningful and effective change; removes obstacles and barriers to success.
- Develops and executes a strong talent management plan including talent assessment, selection, empowerment, motivation and retention of top talent; builds and develops succession plans and pipeline of talent
- Sets and ensures that people leadership expectations are carried out. This includes selection, coaching in the field, team development and individual development expectations.
- Cultivates and inspires employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, role modeling a culture of performance feedback, ensuring a reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development; creates a culture of accountability.
- Provides advocacy for team members while collaborating directly with Residential, Small Business, Operations, Marketing and Human Resources to execute on the overall Business Plan
- Employs a diverse and compelling communications framework to align employees and generate passion , understanding and commitment to achieving the business plan
- Sets expectations and vision for operational excellence and efficiency with a focus on process improvement, effective analytics, and strong financial planning while fostering a culture that demonstrates The Company’s commitment to employee, community and our mission of creating customers for life
- Owns and establishes annual budgets including P&Ls; provides regular reporting and communication to key stakeholders and ELT regarding the health of the market and The Company’s business performance; develops and leads mitigation strategy for any projected short falls
- Drives customer obsession by enabling flawless execution in customer experience, install and field services
- Ensures strong commitment and collaboration to executing service level agreements
- Accountable for delivering Customer Obsession index targets and Attrition targets for his/her regions