Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Island Housekeeper is responsible for the preparation and service in all Employee Areas including but not limited to, all employee recreations areas, both indoors and outdoors, offices, public restrooms, laundry facility, laundry self service rooms, all employee, Manager and contractor rooms at turnaround.
Cleaning and Upkeep of employee housing on turnaround days is required. To ensure full Island preparedness prior to new and returning employees joining. Ensuring rooms are fully equipped, stocked and with the appropriate linen and amenity items orderly and stocked. Impeccable cleaning and sanitizing processes are required for this position. Regular inspections of all areas to be conducted and efficient reporting of maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Royal Way Experience, SQM standards, Public Health guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each Island employee may be required to perform other functions in various venues In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of The Royal Way each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow employees.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, counter tops, and sinks
- Making beds and changing linens to standard
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry
- Ironing clothing items
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Steaming and cleaning draperies
- Washing blinds
- Tidying up rooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
- Sweeping the yard and hard paths
- Sanitizing gym equipment and sweeping daily all common areas
- Segregates and removes trash often and garbage and places it in designated containers.. Utilizes proper USPH sanitation procedures at all times.
- Ensures an adequate supply of soap, toilet tissue, chemical stock and hand towels. Retrieves supplies from central location and restocks as needed recording all Inventory depletion accordingly. Utilizes proper USPH procedures at all times.
- Collects and transports a variety of supplies between storage and work areas.
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service excellence and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements
- Follows all Royal Way Standards with regards to service including greeting guests, using guests’ names and observing guests to anticipate needs
- Knowledge of and experience in Cleaning and Sanitizing rooms to varying levels to meet requirements
- Willingness to Learn new cleaning methods and how to use various pieces of equipment,
- Ability to adapt to Different Situations and change work processes to accommodate customer needs.
- Good Customer Service skills, Reliability, Organisational skills, Integrity and Honesty,
- Smiles when on duty; is always pleasant and upbeat
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Previous utility or cleaning experience in a hotel, cruise ship etc. preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment