About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
The Public Relations Assistant Manager has the key responsibility for promoting Atlantis through its on-island Social Media platforms. The role will be responsible for posting, monitoring, responding to customer feedback and questions. The Public Relations Assistant Manager will also work closely with the corporate Social Media team to share content, ideas, assets and compatible messaging in PR outreach and campaigns. The individual will also assist with day-to-day support of the Public Relations department as it relates to Media Relations and Communications. The individual will assist in facilitating the on-island visits of all international and local press/media. The individual will also assist with press releases, script writing, video, photography and production as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Support and contribute to the overall PR efforts, initiatives and partnerships of Atlantis Corporate Social Networking Strategy.
• Responsible for the daily content, posting and monitoring of Atlantis Local social pages.
• Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with key international/local media organizations, editors, and journalists to ensure positive media coverage of Atlantis resort and its brands, products and services.
• Work closely with the Corporate Public Relations department to develop, support and coordinate the resort experiences of all media.
• Assist with media visits, requests and logistics for all media visits to ensure smooth and successful visits as required.
• Assist with video and photography as required for SM, PR, Atlantis Local TV and company media needs.
• Assist with positive local media coverage via the preparation and distribution of press and video releases as needed.
• Assist with the development and implementation of community programs that reinforce Atlantis corporate/local image.
• Assist with other Media Relations and Communications (internal and external) as needed.
• Associate/Bachelors degree in Journalism, English or Public Relations
• Must have at least 1 (three) year working experience in PR or Journalism or Social Media
• Must possess the ability to deal with a diverse range of people including upper management.
• Must possess troubleshooting skills, be a motivated self-starter, display initiative and have the ability to think clearly. Most important is his/her ability to interact with fellow employees,
• Windows and OS platforms
• Microsoft Office
• Adobe - Photoshop
• Final Cut and related programs
• Experience with DSLR Cameras, GoPro, OSMO cameras
• Sound recording devices (Zoom)
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.