About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Directs financial activities of an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Manage and oversee the activities and operations of the payroll and gratuity section/expense of the company in order to produce a weekly payroll in a timely manner. Audits, prepares and monitors the JDE payroll. Provides payroll processing, procedural instructions and training the Payroll Specialist staff; performs various technical duties to support the processing of JDE payroll and related work as assigned. Working knowledge of major Human Resources business processes design and development. Ensure consistency, standardization and accuracy of payroll data, financial report and governmental reporting. Accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality service for internal & external creditors and employees. Ensures that all quality control procedural requirements are adhered to company-wide on a daily basis----ensure that company-wide quality standards are met. Project Management experience with a formalized development methodology. Develop required payroll policy, procedures and changes to comply with both Company, governmental and other bargaining unit bodies relating to the use of payroll and human resources information.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Establishes, or recommends to management, major hotel financial economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
• Recommends modifications to existing departmental or company programs.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast business payroll activity and financial position.
• Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
• Arranges for audits of payroll accounts.
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
• Training and assisting in the implementation of the new Vacation Scheduling Application/Kronos Timekeeping and labor Management Systems.
• Maintain and monitor the Security Access system “One World.”
• Documenting and monitoring of vacation process.
• Reconciliation and Payment of Atlantic Medical Health Premiums (Monthly).
• Maintain accuracy of vacation balances in the system.
• Liaise with Human Resources to ensure vacation DBA Tables are accurate and audit any changes made by Human Resources.
• In the absence of the Payroll Director oversee the completion of Payroll Account Reconciliation.
• In the absence of the Payroll Director insure all monthly accruals are posted.
• Compile, prepare, review and report on payroll statistics, Full Time Employee (FTE) analysis, labor inconsistencies, payroll exceptions and labor analysis to Division on monthly basis.
• Ad Hoc Reporting.
• Worldforce ROI Scheduling System Oversight and Reporting.
• Participate in ongoing and control environment development to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation and assume an active roll in monthly accounting closing.
• Manages two Assistant Paymistresses, one Payroll Labor Analyst and five Process Auditors in the Payroll Department. Also manages one Accounting Supervisor and five Income/Expenditure Auditors in the Gratuity Department.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
• Conducts supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Under Graduate Business Degree (Bachelor Degree) preferably Accounting or,
• 10-15 Years of Payroll supervisory experience and/or Human Resources Management
• Experience in accounting or comparable.
• Project Management experience with a formalized development methodology.
• Working knowledge of major Human Resources and Payroll business processes design and development.
• Experience in computerized payroll and procedures
• Qualifiable accomplishments: e.g. cost savings, operational efficiencies, and improved services
• Customer Service Oriented
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Products
• Knowledge of labor laws and union regulations relating to payroll
• Knowledge of Human Resources Policy & Procedures
• Knowledge of the Fair Labour Standard Act
• Knowledge of principle and procedures of record keeping
• Knowledge of employee benefits administration, principles and practices
• Knowledge of JD Edwards Payroll software
• Knowledge of the general ledge ability to reconcile balance sheet accrual accounts
• Working knowledge of payroll deductions and benefits
• Principles of business letter writing, project analysis and report preparation
• The ability to work under multiple deadlines
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Ability to interact effectively both orally and in writing
• Performance Management (Counseling, Discipline and Customer Service)
• Time Management techniques
• Problem Solving techniques
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.