Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Electrician specializes in the maintenance and safe operation of all electrical equipment on the Private Destination, this includes high voltage equipment. This role diagnoses issues, fixes equipment, and maintains records of inspections. This position demonstrates exemplary skills in overhauling and maintaining all electrical equipment. The Electrician follows all safety protocols to ensure the safety of Guests, visitors, and fellow Team Members. This role is committed to a safety-first culture to ensure optimum safety for Guests, Visitors, and Team Members.
All duties and responsibilities are performed following Royal Caribbean International’s Brand Standards, the Royal Way philosophy, Company policies, and SOPs, Public Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Guidelines.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the destination Team Member occupying this position. All Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their Supervisor or Management. The nature of this job requires daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures safe operation of all electrical equipment of kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, heavy machinery, vehicles, and boats.
• Assists Supervisor to work on high voltage equipment.
• Follows safety protocols while working with electrical equipment, ensuring the own safety and safety of others.
• Demonstrate a safety-first culture and follows the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Determines the suitability and appropriateness of all electrical equipment newly acquired or in operation.
• Understands how to use electrical system documentation such as drawings, service, and instruction manuals.
• Determines if all components and parts used in the electrical systems are covered by the AMOS maintenance jobs and advises the Electronic Engineer of any discrepancies.
• Responds to, diagnoses, and fixes electrical issues. Applies safety regulations and safety practices at all times.
• Reads work orders, maintains records of daily tasks, and discusses challenges with the Electronic Engineer.
• Ensure that all electrical spare parts are available in ample quantity to perform the job safely.
• Uses clear, concise, and professional communication in person, over the radio, and in written format.
• Demonstrates effective teamwork and collaboration, and time management skills.
• Maintains an orderly and clean work area, with all tools in good repair.
• Adheres to all Company policies regarding PPE and Chemical Management.
• Sets up and closes working areas as per schedule or as instructed by the Management Team.
• Participates in trainings and meetings. Adheres to a Company confidentiality agreement.
• Follows the destination’s grooming standards. Ensures personal appearance, hygiene, and uniform appearance are always in accordance with Company policy. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for Guests and the Team.
• Acknowledges and greets Guests, visitors, and Team Members in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
• Maintains the inventory of tools and equipment.
• Determines inventory and compiles a bi-weekly list of all supplies/tools needed.
• A High School Diploma or basic education equivalency.
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressive technical experience and training in a resort or marine environment.
• Minimum of two (2) years of operational experience with electrical equipment, including power generation, sewage treatment plants, incinerators, potable water production, satellite communications, and heavy operating equipment.
• Advanced knowledge of electrical systems, needs assessment, problem resolution, and quality standards.
• Valid license or certificate(s)in the area of technical specialty are required.
• Good interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of Management and Team Members.
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse international environment.
• Ability to maintain focus, work with strict deadlines, multitask and be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with Guests, Team Members, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to read and write English, to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests, Managers, and Team Members.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell.
•The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• All destination Team Members must be physically able to participate in emergency life-saving procedures and drills.
• Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
• Destination outdoor environment where high temperature, precipitation, and humid temperatures are experienced.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is required to work outdoors in extremely humid and hot conditions for an extended time indoors, walking in sand, and uneven surfaces.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.