Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Technician
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for maintaining the water chemistry, water quality, filtration, dosing and mechanical functions of all pool and fountain equipment (including but not limited to pumps, filter units, chemical dosing, recording equip. etc.). Maintaining aqua systems to comply with all USPH maintenance and reporting requirements. Maintain all the pools and Jacuzzi's related machinery and equipment on the Island in good running condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each Island employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the Island.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow Island employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- Responsible for maintaining all pools, Jacuzzi's, fountains, wave pool, water slides, splash kids zone and associated technical equipment in working order. Including pipe and hose replacement as well as mechanical repairs, if required.
- Maintains all equipment water chemistry and operations reports required by USPH and SQM.
- Must be Certified Operator of Pools (COP is also adequate).
- Performs routine and unplanned maintenance required to keep all aqua venues fully operational.
- Report daily to the Pool and Park Specialist to make sure required aqua venues are ready to meet operational requirements.
- Coordinates with the proper authority (Aquatic & Recreation Manager) for draining and refilling of pools and Jacuzzi's.
- Notifies the Pool and Park Specialist (or to the Aquatic & Recreation Manager on the Island) immediately of the malfunction of any equipment that are safety, security and operational related issues.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. Should have basic knowledge of repairman and plumbing activities and procedures. May be called upon to assist with these functions in emergencies or under certain circumstances.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Island employee occupying this position. Island employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Previous supervisory experience in a water park environment is essential.
- Minimum five years previous experience in a water park environment with a minimum three years of supervisory responsibilities of maintaining the water related equipment and areas in good working condition.
- Expertise in maintenance of water pumping, water chemistry, filtration and monitoring equipment.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International's The Royal Way when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to learn and utilize knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Ability to supervise a team of repairmen in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.