Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Assigned to, and responsible for leading & driving results on Cococay Perfect Day. Responsible, accountable and deeply committed to maintaining the integrity of all island venue’s unique original concepts, while ensuring Royal Way service standards.
This hands-on role requires you to lead by example a team of Bar Island Attendants, Bar servers, Bartenders and shipboard beverage team members to drive business success while creating memorable Perfect day experience to delight and indulge guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Island beverage operations by leading operations of designated beverage venues throughout the island.
- Implements goals and objectives based on food and beverage divisional leadership that support both ship and island initiatives.
- Committed to the financial success of Cococay Perfect Day and of the company.
- Make guest loyalty a key driver of our business model.
- Authorized and empowered to make decisions at the guest contact point.
- Must be able to work independently as needed in order to maintain daily objectives of beverage venue/concept(s).
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Manage and support Venue teams to achieve operational efficiency.
- Lead Bartender must carefully monitor all inventories and strictly adhere to company’s inventory control operating procedures.
- Maintain venues with accurate and realistic par levels based on product demand fluctuations.
- Constantly review operating costs in all venues to ensure inventory is not stolen, destroyed, lost or miscounted.
- Check and maintain par levels on a regular basis, for all beverage items including equipment.
- Responsible for assessing training needs by reviewing operational weaknesses and deficiencies and provide relevant motivation, coaching and training to drive venue profitability and guest satisfaction for Island Bar attendants and feedback for the shipboard beverage team.
- Execute training programs for the benefit of the overall skill set of the Beverage Operations Team.
- Conducts regular meetings, briefings and one-on-one sessions with the Island Bar team for operational feedback.
- Required to assist in the evaluation of the performance of the Island Bar team.
- Maintain high level of supervision & presence in throughout Perfect Day.
- Prioritize your supervision based on the guest distribution throughout Perfect Day.
- Exhibits active leadership style by setting positive operational tone in all venues with regular consistent professional interaction.
- Inspecting cleanliness and organization of venues
- Assists Cococay Beverage Management team in optimizing team schedules including contract lengths and staffing coordination to ensure smooth team transition and consistent management coverage in all venues.
- Must demonstrate skills in resolving conflict among employees
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- High school education or vocational; a minimum of five (5) years beverage-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, tips, proportions, percentages.
- Adept with basic computer software required to effectively communicate within the division and hotel and to administrate Beverage Operation BOH needs
- Actively uses current management systems to monitor staffing levels, performance monitoring and related financial reports and follows up as needed.
- Three to five years previous bartending experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant, lounge, etc.
- Ability to work independently and to quickly and accurately mix drinks according to mixology standards.
- Working knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors and beers.
- Knowledge of varying brands and quality of wines.
- Working knowledge of public health standards.
- Working knowledge of cash registers and/or related computerized systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory control methods and standards.
- Ability to apply customer service skills according to Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to Bartender, Bar Servers and Bar Utility personnel.
- Actively follows ServSafe responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Successfully passes ServSafe training within the first 30 days of contract.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment