Inventory Control Specialist
Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position is an individual contributor responsible for assisting the Inventory Manager, and managing the Assistant Storekeeper in the function of managing inventory levels, ordering, accuracy rates, and inventory controls on the Island for the Hotel and Food & Beverage Department. This position will be the single point of contact addressing the Island Inventory System and all administrative functions associated with the management of the inventory.
This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on the Internal Customer while operating with optimum Safety in all activities with of our guest and fellow colleagues in mind. Monitors the safety and comfort of our guests and employees as it relates to the safe transportation of any island provisions and Safety transport and handling of food.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact for the Inventory System maintenance, data entry and report creation.
- Produces accurate and timely reports that assists in the Inventory Manager in the function of effective demand planning that drives the ordering of materials for all Island related functions.
- Reviews event schedules and related information and confers with management to determine supply requirements, identifies overdue materials and tracks material.
- Reviews and takes action on all system exception reports associated ordering, requisitions or pricing.
- Produces performance metric reports relating to inventory accuracy, turnover, space utilization, order efficiency, voyage summary and inventory obsolescence to be reviewed by the Inventory Manager,
- Responsible for the production of consumption reports associated with Food and Beverage and Island Consumables on a daily and voyage basis.
- Responsible for the reconciliation process associated with receiving of all products on the Island.
- the communication of discrepancies to the Inventory Manager. This function includes receiving inventory into the system, comparing delivered, invoice and ordered quantities and review of pricing in the system with invoice.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative logs associated with cycle counts. “key controls”, loading recaps, quality issues and others as assigned.
- Performs audit and review functions associated inventory matters at the request of the Inventory Manager.
- Reviews Open PO by Vendor report during receipt of items on Island, to ensure all deliveries for items ordered have been received for the current voyage including those deliveries from the Logistics Center.
- Performs administrative functions as needed for the Inventory and Provisioning team.
- May be required during Perfect Day build to assist in receiving of new build equipment furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Manage the Perfect Day Uniform orders and create a uniform manual and distribution system with the Inventory Manager
- Correct recording of beverage disbursement and reconciliation for the ship call days
- Establish correct par for all Hotel, F&B Inventory, Equipment, Laundry Chemical, Hotel Chemical supplies and establish a for OPP. Responsible for the Beverage central storage items cycle count
- Reviews documentation associated with the requisition of stock and coordinates the delivery of items requisitioned to various locations in accordance with their internal customer needs. Attend meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Requisition Control.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 2-year experience in a similar position.
- Intermediate level computer skills required. Competent in the creation of worksheets. Previous experience with supply chain, inventory management software solutions. Intermediate level and ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Previous exposure to international environments strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Intermediate level computer skills required. Competent in the creation of worksheets. Previous experience with supply chain, inventory management software solutions
- Planning and reasoning skills.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures – this includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and co-workers.
- Must be able to work under pressure without losing concentration.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the island operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and lead a team
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment