Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Lead designated culinary team towards completion of daily work assignment, ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction, crew support and financial/operational performance. Partner with Executive Chef to lead a multi-cultural team in a high volume, fast paced kitchen island environment. Responsible for designated venues as per the Executive Chef. Monitor and understand sanitation laws, policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with USPH standards and follow through with cooks and kitchen cleaners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental and Injury Prevention policies and procedures. Each Island employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the Island.
- Must adhere to Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence; employee conducts them self in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow employees.
- Manages the financial aspects of the assigned food station, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Records the production and operational data on specified forms. Analyzes operational problems such as over production, wastage, pilferage and establishes controls.
- Maintains food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality of set standards. Reviews food requisitions from the various workstations and makes necessary adjustments to arrive at the correct quantities, within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established control procedures. Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize food deterioration and waste.
- Works closely with Chef de Parties of each work station assigned, monitors procedures, quality checks production, ensures speed and efficiency, corrects and coaches. Observes and evaluates employees and their work procedures to ensure quality standards and service levels are met. Ensure timely delivery of food is set-up and adequate amounts are prepared.
- Trains and monitors all levels of Commis to Chef de Partie front and back of house for proper skills and service. Continuous training for proper recipe execution, portion control, cooking techniques, proper use of all related equipment, OPP protocols and Injury Prevention awareness. Ensures all team members know how to use the appropriate HACCP logs as a means of food safety control.
- Ensure compliance with USPH rules and regulations; training and enforcement and cooperates in the Clean As We Go program.
- Tests equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements. Avoids any breakdown due to miss use or water damage. Reports all malfunctions and requests & follow up on repairs. Full understanding of functionality and maintenance of all equipment used.
- Ensures the workstation teams prepare food items consistently with high culinary standards and in accordance with set corporate culinary standards; as related to taste, consistency and attractive presentation.. Remain hands on with all galley personnel in a cooperative, productive and effective manner.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required from the Site Management Team
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience of which at least two years working as a Chef de Partie (including apprenticeship) experience in high volume kitchen environment. (shipboard experience a preferred).
- Minimum of two years formal culinary training, culinary school degree required.
Must be proficient in all stations in the kitchen.
- Proficiency in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH. Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment. Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills. Basic computer and math knowledge. Ship experience preferred.
- Ability to write new SOP’s for A Perfect Day implementation
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment