Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees on our Private Island located in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
- Responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the Island’s Boats and Jet Ski equipment, not limited to but including Outboard and Jet Ski Engines, pumps and fiberglass boat structure. As well as the Island's Vehicles and Transportation equipment, not limited to but including Pressure washers, bicycles, Golf Carts, Heavy Machineries, Trailers, Eclectic and Gas Trams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance work, plans to comply with the requests from other departments within Private destination guidelines approved by Technical Supervisor. They shall ensure the necessary safety measures are taken to protect personnel and property.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Technical Qualification or Education preferred
- Previous Experience as Outboard and Jet Ski Technician
- Previous Experience as Auto Mechanic
- Teamwork with a strong work ethic and ability to work in multicultural environment
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of environmentally related technical equipment and systems
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Good communication skills.
- Tracking/ trending daily environmental operations.
- Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work with out supervision. English reading and writing skills required.
- Knows our brand standards and is always accountable for executing against them ; holds others accountable for delivering against the standards
- Drives guest satisfaction by serving as the environmental ambassador Interfaces with waste vendors and port agents, as needed; this may include conducting waste vendor due diligence surveys and site inspections at the request of Environmental Stewardship
- Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy and passion in all situations
- Accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including environmental performance, ratings, expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and employee satisfaction
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role
- Ensures service standards, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintaining save the waves standards, reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Supports team’s Public Health needs by assisting with the implementation of plans and programs (e.g. OPP; IPM; Water Safety Plan, including potable and recreational waters; Public Health.
- Participation in Safety Drills.
- Experience with
- AMOS / IssuTrax
- General maintenance of engines, vehicles, outboard engines & jet skis.
- The position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to stand in the sun and endure external elements during work assignment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors may be required to walk in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Group, where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCG and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.