About the Company
Atlantis, Paradise Island - the most popular resort destination in the Bahamas - features the world's largest open-air marine habitat; Aquaventure water park, including the iconic Mayan Temple's Leap of Faith slide; 11 unique pools; renowned beaches; 18-hole golf course; the largest casino in the Caribbean; over 21 restaurants, 19 bars & lounges and Aura nightclub. Atlantis also offers a multitude of unique accommodations, including the iconic Royal Towers and the stylish Cove Atlantis.
Provide controllership and financial leadership for the Human Resources Department ensuring that all internal controls, accounting and financial systems are adequate and operating as designed in order to effect optimal effectiveness and efficiency. Responsible for VAT and other Government reporting, Contract Maintenance and Special Reporting. Overseas Accounts Receivable, Collections, Credit and Accounts Payable Departments and Concessions Audit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Direct and coordinate the accounting and finance related activities for Human Resources, acting as key finance partner for the operations staff.
• Direct and coordinate the operations of the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Credit, Concessions Audit and Collections departments.
• Direct and coordinate VAT accounts to ensure correct and timely filing for Input and Output Tax.
• Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations of VAT accounts.
• Prepare VAT invoices for Concessionaires.
• Coordinate any VAT related changes with the Revenue Manager and IT.
• Coordinate/review documentation to support payment of Real Property Tax.
• Liaise with legal department to ensure that contracts are updated and maintained on the contract portal.
• Secure insurance certificates from concessionaires and prepare spreadsheets to assist with Brookfield’s re-insurance.
• Calculate and book the excess rent accruals.
• Prepare documentation and make online payment for Annual Business Licenses.
• Prepare one-time invoices for annual fees at the beginning of the year.
• Introduce innovative ideas and review procedures in place with a view to improve efficiency thereby reducing costs.
• Provide assistance to operations in understanding and implementing procedures and give guidance to the accounting department in formulating and implementing control procedures.
• Prepare and review financial statements and on-island flash reports and conduct financial reviews with operations for the assigned operations.
• Review/prepare balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
• Assist in the year-end audit process and respond to auditor requests for the assigned operations.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and forecasting.
• Participate in creating departmental goals and objectives.
• Provide management with any special reports or analyses required.
• Represent the department at various meetings.
• Mentor, train and evaluate performance of subordinate support staff and recommend appropriate changes in compensation.
• Participate in identifying and interviewing candidates, when necessary, to fill any vacant Accounting and/or Finance positions.
• Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established policies.
• Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or higher strongly recommended.
• A minimum of 5 years prior experience in a similiar role.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion, Docusphere, and LMS an asset.
• Prior supervisory experience a plus
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.