Mid Level Server Technician/Engineer
Micronet is one of the leading technology companies in the Bahamas and we are pleased to announce that we are expanding! Our service department is comprised of 12 highly trained and highly certified technicians and engineers. We are looking for career driven employees. If you are motivated and looking to progress in an exciting IT career then Micronet is the company for YOU!
The Server Tech will be responsible for handling a significant portion of our server and network clients as well as bench work during down time. Below are some of the skills and experience that we are looking for:
The ideal applicant:
· Will have experience working with multiple clients with diverse environments
· Working experience with virtualization
· Knowledge of configuring routers, firewalls and switches for business environments
· Is disciplined and reliable.
· The candidate must be a team player, detail-oriented, analytical, flexible, and able to meet established deadlines.
· Experience working in a secure environment and with sensitive information coupled with high ethical and moral standards.
· Strong, demonstrated communication and customer service skills are a must.
· Has a MCSA or MCSE
· Has a track record of professional progression and obtaining certifications and re-certifications.
· 3-5 years of professional experience performing the duties outlined above.
· MUST have 3 years minimum of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory experience
· Have your own dedicated transportation for on site visits. (Company reimbursement provided)
· Experience in adhering to system security best practices.
· Makes sound decisions based on adequate information, considers alternative solutions before making decisions.
· Generates solutions that address root causes of problems.
· Capable of understanding multi-faceted complex issues and problems.
· Good project/time management skills.
· Keeps up to date on professional/technical developments and uses other expert resources when appropriate.
· Checks work to ensure accuracy and quality.
· Consistently meets commitments to customers with high quality and timely deliverables.
· Self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
· Determined to continuously educate and pursue more certifications. Assistance will be offered by Micronet.
Technical Skills/ Job Responsibilities:
· Deploy Microsoft Windows Server based servers along with services that include: Active Directory, Terminal Services, Virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and more.
· You will carry out tasks and deploy networks with services including VPN, Firewall, Web and Spam filtering, VLANs, Subnets, Multi level switching
· Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 business deployments, cloud service deployments, develop disaster recovery plans and deploy the solutions
To apply, please email all resumes certifications & cover letters to email@example.com
with the Email subject: Server Technician
Only persons that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
#11 Madeira Street Palmdale | P.O Box SS-6270 | Nassau, Bahamas | Tel: 328-3040 | Fax: 328-3043
Micronet Limited was established in 1983 and is one of the most experienced Business Technology firms in The Bahamas.
We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and the exclusive authorized dealer and service center for Toshiba copiers and fax machines in The Bahamas. We are also authorized resellers for Hewlett Packard, Compaq, Okidata, APC, and many others.
Micronet’s technical support team consists of ten experienced and qualified Systems Engineers. We provide prompt, reliable and professional service. Our Systems Engineers have the following certifications; MCP, MCSE, CCNA, A+, wiring certifications and numerous HP, Compaq and Toshiba factory trained certifications.
We provide sales, support, consulting and equipment maintenance which includes networking, computer hardware, software, communications, firewalls, VPN’s, printers, copiers, fax, accessories, supplies and office equipment.
Consultant services include; proactive systems maintenance, system security and integrity reviews, audit reviews, project management and office infrastructure projects.
Micronet has an extensive inventory of supplies and parts for the products we sell and support. We are dedicated to providing the best quality products and services and we are committed to doing the job right, on time, the first time and every time.