About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Provides oversight for the Guest Services and Concierge Teams. Ensures the team is welcoming all guests to the resort and that all current as well as potential guests are provided with the correct and appropriate information. Manages the VIP Services components of the team, and maintains accuracy of reservations, requests, and quality relationships. This individual will maintain the highest level of discretion and tactfulness as an ambassador for VIP and Guest Services and create an environment where employees are positively motivated to be a part of the team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops and initiates quality standards and methods for inspection and testing of company standards.
• Supports and facilitates training to maximize on improving service as well as GSI and EEI scores.
• Attends professional development programs for personal development including AU sponsored training.
• Performs research and benchmarking activities using all available information to improve the customer experience.
• Reviews monthly budget in all related areas to maximize operational efficiency and maintains knowledge of daily metrics and measurements of the business.
• Liaises with the Executive Office and ensures that necessary arrangements for V.I.P. guests (i.e. room assignments, limousine pick-ups, room amenities and dinner reservations) are confirmed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assists the Rooms Division management team in introducing and meeting with guests. Greets selective V.I.P guests on curbside and accompany into the V.I.P. lounge based on level of guest profile.
• Liaises with Housekeeping and Engineering regarding V.I.P. accommodations ensuring that rooms are placed out-of-order and room concerns are addressed prior to guest arrival.
• Liaises with the Room Service Manager regarding daily delivery of V.I.P. amenities for arrivals and turn down services.
• Maintains frequent communication with limousine dispatch division for V.I.P. guest needs.
• Checks V.I.P. guest arrival report ten (10) days in advance noting any special requests.
• Ensures proper inspection of V.I.P. accommodations and delivery of amenities prior to guest arrival.
• Reviews V.I.P. guest list daily and determines which guests are to be personally greeted.
• Ensures that V. I. P. guest accounts are set up and monitored based on approved method for account settlement.
• Ensures that airport representative is briefed on a daily basis with regards to V.I.P. arrivals and departures.
• Sets standards and procedures with local vendors for conducting and offering local tours and services.
• Controls of supplies to include printed material, stationary and all tools required. Control of return guest amenity program.
• Records all compensation to guests in lieu of inadequate service.
• Assigns work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery service.
• Inspects work areas and operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness and maintenance.
• Trains the team in proper operational procedures and functions and explains company policies.
• Observes and evaluates teams’ appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
• Meets with managers and other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operators.
• Informs team about interests and special needs of specific groups.
• Applies customer/ guest feedback to service improvement efforts.
• Resolves customer complaints regarding employee performance and services rendered.
• Requisitions necessary supplies, equipment, and services.
• Analyzes and record personnel and operational data and write related activity reports.
• Interviews potential candidates as required.
• Responds and assists with emergencies as needed, as result of being First Responder/CPR trained.
• Updates guests with weather information particularly during hurricane season.
• Adheres to the policy of maintaining confidential information received.
• Performs all other reasonable duties and responsibilities requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management, Business Management or Administration & Management.
• A minimum of (5) years in a management position with emphasis on Hotel Rooms.
• Familiarity with (LMS) Lodging Management System.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.