About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
Primarily responsible for interaction, communication and problem resolution for guests staying in the Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division, with the objective insight of building guest loyalty and maintaining first class relationship throughout the guest stay. The Division’s Concierge has the knowledge, capability and skills of performing Guest Service and Front Desk related tasks in the respective Towers. The individual indirectly oversees other services by working in conjunction with other departments that relate to guests stay.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Arranges reservations including dinner, airline, car rental and limousine as needed, and coordinates reservations through tour desks and other respective agents
• Orders and ensures that all guest amenities are delivered to standard.
• Ensures that all guests’ couriers and parcels are arranged in accordance with standards.
• Has an acute understanding of resort procedures, services and knowledge of where all services are offered.
• Prepares, finalizes and ensures smooth delivery of all standards and procedures that relate to an incoming Guest of note or Allotment Suite Arrivals staying in the Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division.
• Transcribes, reads and maintains Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division Guest Log which includes daily phone calls to guest rooms to ensure guests are enjoying their stay. In accordance with the communication received from guests relating to their experience and satisfaction of their stay, the Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division Concierge responds as needed. Also, the Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division Concierge sends out daily data to Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division Department Heads that indicates Beach, Coral, and Royal Tower Division Guest Satisfaction Index.
• Performs opening, closing and shift hand over procedures in accordance with established standards.
• Assist with smooth operations of all dedicated Concierge spaces in the tower inclusive of transit lounge, and satellite check-in spaces and information centers.
• Maintains lobby functions and professionalism on assigned shift days to standard.
• Conduct scheduled tours of the property as required, and assigned.
• Registers and checks out guests, ensuring correct and accurate information is obtained at all times.
• Updates and maintains accurate guest services information, with a detailed knowledge of hotel staff, services, and hours of operation.
• Maintains and controls issuance of all guest room keys in compliance with company policy and procedures.
• Ensures that the Concierge Desk is equipped with supplies necessary to maintain an efficient operation.
• Be aware of all safety, and emergency procedures.
• Ensures the proper control and issuing of safe deposit boxes when necessary.
• Answers the telephone in a pleasant manner following the company standard.
• Ensures all money and paperwork is balanced and deposited at the end of the shift.
• Maintains a cash float of 100% accuracy at all times.
• Maintains all security protocols for securing your assigned safety deposit box key to standard.
• Takes all room reservations for future arrivals as necessary.
• Maintains visual security of lobby area reporting any unusual occurrences to management and/or security.
• Assists in the handling of guest complaints to resolutions.
• Reports to work as scheduled wearing proper uniform and nametag.
• Ensures that the work area is clean and tidy at all times
• Ensures that all policies and procedures as indicated in the employee handbook are adhered to.
• Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Ensures that all necessary equipment is functioning properly
• Adheres to policy and procedures and maintaining confidential information received.
• Attends all meetings and training sessions as required.
• Carries out other reasonable duties requested by supervisor.
• Is responsible to carry a pager, radio and Tower master key to facilitate and/or responds to guest requests, room changes, or emergencies as required.
• Completed High School with above average grades
• College degree a plus but not essential
• One year in supervisory position, or three years of Guest Services/Concierge/VIP position.
• Computer literacy in:
• Training courses which apply to job scope and duties
• Excellent command of the English Language and second language preferred but not essential
• Human resources or Human Psychology qualifications are an advantage but not essential
• CPR and AED certified
• Supervisory level trained in Fire Evacuation including Fire Panel understanding and with ability of directing in case of emergency.
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.