About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
To assist in the efficient day to day functioning of the Front Office to the agreed standard.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Welcome guests using courteous and professional communication skills
• Register guest ensuring correct and accurate information is obtained at all times
• Encourage the sale of meal plans and other hotel related services.
• Updates and maintains current and accurate guest information, with a detailed knowledge of hotel staff, services, and hours of operation.
• Maintains and controls all guest room keys.
• Liaises with other departments to ensure an accurate room status is maintained on all check outs, late check outs, early check ins, and special room requests.
• Ensures that guest messages and faxes are delivered to rooms on a timely basis.
• Assign guest rooms as stipulated by individual are reservations, paying close attention to special requests.
• Assist co-workers and new employees in the training as required
• Ensure that the Front Desk is equipped with Supplies necessary to maintain an efficient Operation.
• Be aware of all safety, and emergency procedures
• Ensure the proper control and issuing of safe deposit boxes
• Answer the telephone in a pleasant manner following the company standard
• Check out guest ensuring bills are accurate and proper
• Check out guests ensuring bills are accurate and proper collecting of monies owed are obtained.
• Ensure all money and paperwork is balanced and deposited at the end of shift
• Maintain a cash float of 100% accuracy at all times
• Ensure an accurate pit check is carried out during shift
• Take all room reservations for future arrivals
• Maintains a daily log book for action to be taken by management or fellow employees
• Ensures that all changes in guest room information are done accurately.
• Maintains visual security of lobby area reporting any unusual occurrences to management and/or security
• Walk guest to other hotels as necessary.
• Arrange transportation for guests when required.
• Assist in the confirming of dinner reservations
• Assist in the handling of guest complaints as positions allows
• Assist in the conducting of travel agent site inspections.
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.