About the Company
A unique ocean-themed resort destination, Atlantis offers a variety of accommodation choices, from the relaxed tropical ambience of the Beach and Coral Towers, to the iconic Royal Towers, to the sheer luxury and contemporary all-suite style of The Cove. With its enviable location directly on Paradise Beach, The Reef features all the comforts of home in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Regardless of where you choose to stay, you will enjoy full access to the wonders of Atlantis. Come and explore a world beyond extraordinary.
To assist operative departments in their day-to-day function, as well as handle guest complaints.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures-that all stations for Telephone Operators, Bell Service, Front Desk, Front Desk Audit, Concierge Operations, Guest Services and Space Cleaning are properly manned for the shift.
• Give assistance to reception areas whenever congestion is present.
• Check Housekeeping and Laundry on availability of supplies for preparing guest rooms and other delays in getting rooms ready.
• Liaise with Director of Housekeeping, Director of Engineering, Director of the Laundry on any outstanding problems, especially repairs to equipment, furniture, supplies, etc.
• Check Beach and Pool areas. Each morning see that the beach is properly cleaned, seaweed raked where visible, and beach chairs spaced in sections. In the evening see that towels are picked up, beach chairs packed away, and dirty glasses returned to the bars.
• During frequent rounds of departments, make notes of damaged equipment, blown bulbs, water leaks, faulty air condition, needed drapery repair and areas that need to be painted.
• Check all public guest and staff washrooms. See that they are properly cleaned and supplied.
• Check all floors. Have dirty trays and glasses removed. See that the elevators and the areas around them are properly vacuumed.
• Ensure that Bell Service staff delivers guests messages on an hourly basis.
• Inspect ash urns and planters in lobby and public areas on hourly basis, and ensure that Housekeeping maintains cleanliness to the required standards.
• In the event of an emergency i.e. fire, disruption of hotel services etc., ensure that senior management is contacted.
• Handle guest complaints and where possible resolve them quickly.
• Ensure that signs are placed advising guest when elevators are not in service; guest bathrooms are not working, and when work is being done in a guest area, etc.
• Ensure that adequate signs are placed at all functions and removed at the end of the function.
• Ensure Security staff patrols the property according to the schedule.
• Assist Front Desk if there are any guests sitting in the lobby waiting for their rooms. Take necessary action to speed up the preparation of such rooms and console the waiting guests as much as possible.
• Take unexpected room reservations at night.
• Report all major problems and/or complaints to Senior Management or by special memo.
• Log all items of note and follow up information in Assistant Manager's Log Book.
• Inform oncoming Assistant Hotel Manager of the general situation in the hotel and items to be followed up before leaving the building at the end of shift.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Perform other reasonable duties that may be requested by management.
• Minimum of 2 years college degree
• Minimum of 1 year hotel experience preferable
• Demonstrated knowledge of Front Office procedures
• Strong communication skills
• First Aid and CPR
At Atlantis Paradise Island, our success relies on the strength of the people we employ. That's why we focus on attracting and retaining colleagues with a strong sense of leadership and an even stronger sense of passion. We're dedicated to creating a culture where our colleagues are motivated and challenged to invest their creativity. Our people are what distinguish us. So, we're always providing opportunities to help them further develop their skills, their goals and their long-term career success.
Atlantis Paradise Island is an ocean-themed resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It features a variety of accommodations built around Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape, which includes fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools, marine habitats, and water slides and river rides.