Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s brand standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environment, and safety policies.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and employee areas.
- General Worker who may be assigned to various stations, including but not limited to yard, bar, kitchen, restroom, garbage, etc.
- Daily cleaning of all facilities and yard using applicable checklist.
- Empties and cleans all wastebaskets/garbage bins.
- Maintains a proper stock of supplies for daily use in assigned facility and ensures all dispensers are filled.
- On ship days monitors and checks assigned facilities regularly (at least every 20-30 minutes or as needed).
- Assigned facility to be cleaned the night prior to ship days and rechecked in the morning prior to the arrival of guests.
- Notifies Site Supervisor concerning need for repairs, adjustments or improvements or corrections.
- Maintains equipment used for completing a task.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for guests and fellow employees.
- Sanitize daily and complete sanitation logs.
- Rakes the areas around assigned station. Picks up and bags garbage and debris.
- Knowledgeably answers questions about ship’s schedules, travel routes, and ship’s services when asked by guests during the course of performing his duties in public areas, exercising “aggressive friendliness” every time he has guest contact.
- Ensures personal appearance, personal hygiene and uniform appearance are at all times in accordance with Company Policy.
- Understand and can apply in work practices environmental policies and procedures concerning such functions as collection, sorting and disposal of solid wastes and use of chemicals associated with cleaning.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School or equivalent.
- A minimum of six months related experience and/or training in the related field.
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents.
- Ability to read and interpret English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All island employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use/range of motion of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk outdoors in extreme humid and hot conditions.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.