Perfect opportunities begin at Perfect Day!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in CocoCay, Bahamas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Part of the Island Leadership team, the HR Specialist will support the HR manager in all facets of Human Resources Operations in Coco Cay including the implementation of strategic, tactical and operational goals. As an HR Specialist you will understand the needs of the overall business and provide all the necessary assistance to the HR Manager to implement, optimize and lead best in class policies, procedures, systems and practices in all aspects of the employee lifecycle i.e. Communications, Organizational Design, Recruitment & Selection, Compensation & Benefits and Employee Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand all current and future recruitment targets and goals, including resource planning and headcount requirements.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as required.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Coco Cay HR Manager to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line staff (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the multiple functional leaders on site, implementing HR business objectives that align with the overall company plans and objectives.
- Partner with the HR organization in delivering employee milestone processes including performance and compensation planning.
- Participate on coaching business leaders and staff as required on performance management discussions, employee relations issues, discipline matters, and promotion / transfer / termination discussions.
- Provide compensation and benefits support, teaming with our global compensation team as required
- Collaborate with the various centers of excellence (compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, Learning and Development, HRIS) in various HR projects.
- Support annual succession and training planning. – aligned with the corporate L&D team to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that the highest quality onboarding experience is delivered for all employees, on a consistent basis.
- Conducts new employee orientation program
Cultivates Customer First
- Is an expert on our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them and holding others accountable for the same at all times
- Leads with Passion, Drive and Energy
- Exhibits professional leadership presence, positive energy and passion in all situations
- Accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including environmental performance, ratings, expenses, USPH, Workplace Safety and employee satisfaction
- Ensure annual headcount budget targets are consistently met.
- Make appropriate recommendations for efficiency.
- Be able to analyze, interpret the financials set forth.
- Create recommendations based on historical data.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role
- Ensures service standards, Safety, Environmental and other company policies and standards are consistently maintained
- Supports team’s Public Health needs by assisting with the implementation of plans and programs (e.g. OPP; IPM; Water Safety Plan, including potable and recreational waters; Public Health.
- Supports safety through various activities such as participation in Drills.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years HR experience ideally in an international company
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across different geographical locations and cultures
- Have strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability to deliver in a matrix environment with a culture individual accountability and team performance
- Proven planning. attention to detail and project management skills
- Proven experience of leading all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Proven contract negotiation and budget management experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of HR best practices
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong administrative skills and working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, AMOS and other related programs
- Good communication/social skills.
- Ability to plan projects, assign priorities, resolve problems and to work without supervision.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills required
All employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency.
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Environment on an Island, in an outdoor environment where high temperature and humid temperatures are experienced.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.