MISSION AND GOALS
Led by outstanding faculty and professional staff, the University of South Florida conducts innovative scholarship, creative activity and basic and translational research, and delivers a world-class educational experience promoting the success of our talented and diverse undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. As a public metropolitan research university, USF, in partnership with our communities, serves the people of Florida, the nation, and the world by fostering intellectual inquiry and outcomes that positively shape the future - regionally, nationally and globally.
- To promote the lifelong success of well-educated, highly skilled, and adaptable alumnae/alumni who lead enriched lives, are engaged citizens and thrive in a dynamic global market.
- To conduct high-impact research and innovation to advance frontiers of knowledge, solve global problems and improve lives.
- To be a major social and economic engine creating robust global, national and regional partnerships to build a prosperous and sustainable future for our regional communities and the State of Florida.
- To provide a safe, inclusive and vibrant community for learning, discovery, creative activities and transformative experiences enabled through adaptive design of physical, social and digital environments.
- To practice continuous visionary planning and sound management throughout USF to ensure a strong and sustainable financial base, and to adapt proactively to emerging opportunities in a dynamic environment.