At Gonzaga, our liberal-arts education focuses on developing the whole person: mind, body, and spirit. So you can become a person of curiosity, courage, and conviction.
A person of purpose.
That’s part of our Jesuit heritage: helping you discover your God-given calling and go after it with everything you’ve got.
What you’ll learn at Gonzaga will take you beyond the classroom and into the world. Beyond the status quo and into a future filled with creativity and optimism.
And all the while, you’ll be surrounded by a community of people cheering you on and pushing you to be your best.
Because when you find your purpose at Gonzaga, you also find that you can use it to shape the world for the better—for all of us.
General Information about Gonzaga University
- Type: Private Liberal Arts
- Carnegie Classification: National University
- Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic (Jesuit)
- Motto: Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (For the greater glory of God)
- Established: 1887
- Location: Spokane, Washington
- Campus Setting: Situated in the Logan residential neighborhood along Spokane River, one-half mile from downtown business district
- Number of Buildings: 103
- Campus Size: 152 acres
- Pronunciation: Gone - ZAG (as in "bag") - uh
Gonzaga University Enrollment Fall 2020
- Total Enrollment: 7,295
- Undergraduate Students: 4,852
- New Freshmen: 1,052
- Master's Students: 1,735 (included 18 post-baccalaureate students)
- Doctoral Students: 294
- Law Students: 414
- Non-Credit Students: 255 (Workshop/Sabbatical/Cont. Ed, ELC, UW Medical)
2020 Incoming Freshmen Class Average GPA & Test Scores
- Average GPA: 3.67
- Average SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing: 627
- Average SAT Math: 629
- Average SAT Score: 1,256
- Average ACT Score: 28
- Percentage Students of Color: 28%
Academics: Degrees, Programs, and Schools/College
Gonzaga offers 16 undergraduate degrees through 49 majors, 58 minors and 49 concentrations, 24 master’s degrees and 5 doctoral-level degrees.
Academics: Class Size and Faculty Information
- Average Class Size: 23
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11 to 1
- Full-time Faculty Members: 450
- Percent of faculty with a terminal degree in their area of teaching: 88%
- Staff Members: 853