Kingsway Academy was founded to serve families in the community by providing a Christian education for their children. Originally called the Charles Tatham Memorial School, it was founded in September 1959, by Mr. C. Ernest Tatham.
Through the support and encouragement of parents and board members, the school was expanded in the late 1970's to include a high school division. The motto of the school from its inception has been "Training Children In the King's Way". (Proverb 22.6)